Richard Maynard is a teacher at Seaford 6-12 School in South Australia. He has worked with his year ten English class since they were in year nine. Over the two year period, Richard has progressively skilled the students in taking greater responsibility for their learning.
In this case study, Richard and one of his students, Zac, describe the approach and methods used by the students to:
- clearly define the curriculum outcomes using State curriculum standards documents
- set individual learning goals
- establish and refine quality criteria
- design individual learning experiences
- self-assess their learning
- self-assess the quality of their own learning tasks
- monitor and record progress.
Most resources on this website are free. For some resources, such as this, we require you to register so that we may keep you informed of Quality Learning news and new resources. Should you choose, you will be able to opt out of our communications at any time.