Case Study Video 023. Over 150 Year 7 students learn together in the open-plan environment, where they are responsible for their learning
Mordialloc College commenced its Quality journey in 2001. Five years later, with support of the Victorian Government's Leading Schools Fund, the College established the Quality e-Learning Centre for junior students.
This video was filmed during its first year of operation. Over 150 Year 7 students learn together in the open-plan environment where they are responsible for planning, designing and tracking their own learning experiences, using the Quality Learning approach.
The College wash Highly Commended for its Year 7 program in the 2007 Australian Government National Awards for Quality Schooling.
Additional details are available on specific aspects of the Mordialloc experience in the following clips on our YouTube site:
- CSV023a Professional Development
- CSV023b Planning the centre
- CSV023c Matrices and Projects
- CSV023d Learning folders and portfolios
- CSV023e Just-in-time learning
- CSV023f Use of laptop computers
- CSV023g Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA)
- CSV023h Student-led conferences
- CSV023i Team teaching
- CSV023j From the principal
- CSV023k Reflections on the process
- CSV023l Where to from here…
Most resources on this website are free. For some resources, such as this, we require you to register so that we may keep you informed of Quality Learning news and new resources. Should you choose, you will be able to opt out of our communications at any time.