Dr Jane Kovacs, Managing Director QLA
BAppSci, ME, MB, DBA
Jane spent the early years of her working life in hospitals and local government in various roles in health, education, human resources, strategic planning, project management and quality improvement. It was during this time that she was introduced to quality improvement theory and practice, and directly experienced its many benefits, especially in improving the quality of work life.
Jane first started working with schools in 1999 as a Project Director for Business Excellence Australia (previously the Australian Quality Council). Since this time she has enjoyed working with the leaders, administrators and educators of primary, secondary and specialist schools, and with regions, dioceses and departments.
Jane founded Quality Learning Australasia (QLA) with Michael King in 2003, joining as Director, to focus on the school improvement work she loves. She lives in Melbourne and is devoted to supporting those who share her passion to improve our school education system so all children experience joy and success in learning. She became Managing Director in 2019.
Her skills and experience include:
- facilitating improvement in government, industry and educational organisations
- design and delivery of improvement initiatives across four States and Territories
- lead facilitator for Australian Business Excellence Framework evaluation, validation, reporting and improvement planning and support
- co-author Improving Learning: A how-to guide for school improvement
- Lead External Validator, with Michael King, for the ACT school review process 2012 – 2015.
"You never stop learning about learning and organisational improvement. We see it as a constant challenge to better role model coninual improvement through our professional learning, support and resources. Our aim is to make improvement theory and methods increasingly accessible to everyone."